Thursday, October 27, 2011

This Tool Has Helped Our Marriage! from Robin Palmer @ MyWakeUPCalls.net



This Tool Has Helped Our Marriage!  I hope you find it helpful, too!
I think there should be a 12-step program for couples in business together. :)  This is a tool that has saved us from staying stuck in a stand-off. I call it, “the two-minute timer” exercise. Both people sit facing each other, looking into each other’s eyes. One person shares uninterrupted for 2-minutes while the other person just listens. Then the timer is re-set for 2-minutes and the 2nd person shares uninterrupted for two minutes, while the first person just listens. This pattern is repeated until both people feel heard and have heard their partner’s position. Both people make sure to use “I” words, like “I feel” and “I need,” etc. We have always found “the two-minute timer” exercise to be a real gift, when nothing else helped us to get unstuck. I hope you find it helpful, too!  
Robin Palmer
Creator of My Wake UP Call
Motivational Alarm Clock Messages
http://www.mywakeupcalls.net/
http://www.myworkoutwakeupcall.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment