Thursday, March 3, 2011

TED Conference 2011 - Paul Nicklen TED Talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxa6P73Awcg
 I am so grateful to be watching the TED Conference 2011 Live Simulcast. The TED Talks have been so inspiring. In particular, Paul Nicklen's four day encounter with a leopard seal was absolutely incredible.

I wish there was more media attention focused on climate change, and the consequential loss of animal life in the Antarctic. I keep thinking about Paul Nicklen and that amazing leopard seal, whose tenacious attempts to feed him her food is reminiscent of my mother. I was so moved by his passionate plea to help him get the word out about the plight of the polar bears and the leopard seals. I have actually been considering Paul's emotional invitation to join him in the Antarctic. If you knew me, you would be very surprised, as I moved from NYC several years ago to southern CA, to flee from the "frigid winters" there!

 Each time I tell a friend about the plight of the polar bears, they tell me that they had not known about this issue, which surprises me. Maybe you can assemble a media team to join you to help focus attention on this issue. By the way, I have wondered, as a temporary band-aid, would it possibly work to use strategically placed barges to act as small "icebergs" for the bears and seals?

Thank you, Paul Nicklen, for sharing your powerful message with us,    

Robin Palmer
Creator of MY WAKE UP CALL®
Motivational Alarm Clock Messages

No comments:

Post a Comment